Account Development Manager - Texas
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
This position is field based and works strategically with Worldwide Sales representing the brand to develop and grow existing key account relationships and drive revenue contribution to Best Western hotels globally. The focus for this position is to increase revenue through strategic sales development initiatives including, brand awareness, deeper customer relationships, recognizing consumer needs and providing solutions by working with the local offices. Seventy percent of the time for this position will be spent on scheduled customer appointments, local office presentations and client market site inspections. Success will be achieved by incremental revenue for the assigned Key Accounts.
Essential Job Results
- Work strategically with Worldwide Sales Managers who manage key account relationships with the buyers to implement strategies locally
- Cultivate customer relationships in assigned territory
- Recognize areas for revenue growth opportunities
- Conduct in market site inspections to display the Brand
- Achieve revenue targets for assigned accounts
- Qualify customer’s business needs and identify/new opportunities for customer solutions and work with worldwide sales managers on implementation opportunities
- Organize activities/resources in a manner that maximizes productivity and efficiency
- Ensure client satisfaction by facilitating positive, long-term relationships.
- Promote and educate key feeder market customers on the Brand value proposition
- Supports team effort by participating in cross-functional projects as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel Administration, or an equivalent combination of education and sales or marketing experience.
- 5+ years hospitality sales or similar experience preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and preferably PowerPoint. Must also gain an in depth knowledge of Salesforce.com to be able to efficiently and accurately perform job responsibilities.
- Self-starter with excellent organization, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Adaptable in rapidly changing business environment.
- Meets established goals/quotas and attendance, availability and schedule adherence expectations.
- 70% travel in territory.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.