Application Enterprise Architect - Remote
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
- Remote within the U.S., home office based.
Essential Job Results:
Develops state-of-the-art technology solutions by analyzing IT proposals for cost and technology impact and security to ensure alignment with company strategies and objectives. Provides technical review of products, design cloud native cloud delivered solutions to meet business objectives. Deliver reliable high-performance applications and technical services.
Duties may be included as follows:
- Provides the highest level of technical expertise in development and support of new or enhanced applications and services. Performs full life cycle development including, requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, documentation, implementation, testing and debugging. Ensuring information security is addressed throughout all aspects.
- Research, designs, and develops products by applying expertise in cloud engineering and software design theories. Designs, architects, installs, configures, and maintains cloud systems and software infrastructure components.
- Develops and implements proactive monitoring of critical business services to ensure availability. Integrates monitoring principles into the systems development life cycle project work.
- Delivers system enhancements by planning and recommending innovative technologies. Works closely with management to determine longer-term technical needs and direction. Develops and implements cost effective approaches and/or automation solutions that lower operating costs.
- Ensures projects are completed according to defined success criteria by leading teams, or providing advanced technical guidance, in the design, development and implementation of large-scale system architecture projects. Assumes technical leadership and ownership of complex issues.
- Promotes the highest level of technical mastery by serving as subject matter expert in multiple IT fields. Provides management consultation regarding technical solutions and/or best practice and compliance options to solve complex technical matters.
- Protects the Company by creating long-term plans to maximize technology reliability and prevention of failure. Provides timely resolution to complex, emergent and long-term architectural issues.
- Interfaces with vendors to resolve issues.
- Maintains technical currency by reviewing trade publications, researching technical documentation and pursuing training relevant to Company operating environments. Maintains working understanding of business functions.
- Handles business sensitive information with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Minimum 10 years related experience in functional areas, including progressively responsible experience in IT architecture design and function, system deployments, systems life cycle management, operations, cloud infrastructure and communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect. Professional preferred.
- AWS Certified Developer.
- May require any combination of the following skills.
- Agile Software development methodology.
- System performance monitoring, analysis, and management.
- Understanding of Information Security
- High proficiency with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud.
- Terraform, Chef, Ruby, Python.
- Tools including Jenkins, Maven, SonarQube, and Bit Bucket (Git SCM).
- Java Microservices & API design. RESTful services
- Understanding of networking concepts and implementations.
- Linux platforms and Windows platforms.
- Working knowledge of Databases, such as Amazon Aurora (PostgreSQL or MySQL), DynamoDB, Redis.
- Experience decomposing complex database tier applications using Oracle PL/SQL.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to manage full stack projects through completion.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with end users.
- Advanced technical mastery in area of specialty or broad multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate architectural and business-impacting issues to all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis/resolution techniques and engineering design capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders and technical personnel.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race (including hair textures and hair styles associated with race), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws. Best Western’s equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment with Best Western, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, transfer, benefits, discipline and termination.