AWS SysOps Administrator
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
We are actively seeking a certified AWS SysOps Administrator. The SysOps Admin will provide a high level of quality technical support, event monitoring and recovery services for client-critical systems hosted both on premise and in the AWS Cloud. You will maintain information technology service, functionality, and end user satisfaction by coordinating, monitoring, maintaining and assisting with the resolution of escalated issues for applications/services, servicers, networks and cloud services. The Cloud SysOps Administrator role is responsible for providing operations support for cloud services through monitoring, incident response, and incident resolution for production applications and infrastructure deployed in the cloud environment.
In this Job you will:
- Leverage cloud watch and cloud platform monitoring solutions and services for both on-premise and AWS infrastructure.
- Monitor cloud infrastructure to ensure availability and performance SLAs are met.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with cloud infrastructure working closely with Operations, DevOps, Application and Cloud Engineering teams.
- Suggest and perform tuning when needed.
- Perform root cause analysis on incidents.
- Follow incident, change, release, and problem management processes.
- Provide backup and recovery support for cloud resources including executing disaster recovery procedures and supporting disaster recovery testing.
- Monitor and report on compliance programs.
- Collect, aggregate, analyze and report on metrics collected.
- Clean up and decommissioning of unused or uncompliant resources.
- Use ansible to support OS patching
- Perform account access and tagging management.
- Create monitoring modules for CloudWatch
- Coordinate bridge calls for remediation efforts and drive resolution
Mentor and train technicians to perform cloud administration tasks
- Team-player with a PASSION for technology and continued professional knowledge advancement.
- Excellent documentation skills and proficiency in MS Office Suite administration
- Proven track record in providing strong multitasking skills in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Education or professional experience supporting Unix/ Linux flavors related to systems administration, maintenance, troubleshooting & monitoring.
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Services.
- Familiarity with entry level scripting (i.e, terraform, ruby, pearl, python, etc) to provide troubleshooting.
- Positive attitude, team-oriented, and an ability to take advantage of provided tools/resources for continual learning is a must!
- Strong background in troubleshooting and applying critical thinking methods to solve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years IT/IS operations experience
- Conceptual understanding of software development/coding experience
- Concept understanding of Coding in Python, Ruby, JSON, etc
- A keen interest in new technologies and open source
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Innovative and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
- Results oriented
- Mentors and coaches colleagues and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Current scheduling - 3 x 11.5 (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) hour and 1 x 6.5 hour shifts (Wednesday)
- On-site 1 week, off-site home office 1 week rotation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.