Hotel Sales Optimization Consultant - Virtual
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
The Hotel Sales Optimization Consultant is responsible for enhancing member value by providing new and transitioning member hotels with effective consultation on sales strategies, tools, and resources to achieve overall sales revenue goals.
Essential Job Results
Partnering with Hotel Sales Optimization Managers, the Hotel Sales Optimization Consultant will:
- Increase participation in all Company programs (as applicable to the specific property) by promoting revenue enhancing sales programs, services, and policies.
- Provide management with feedback regarding the members use of these programs and services.
- Partner with member hotels to identify and develop sales and marketing opportunities and strategies by completing thorough competitive market analyses for assigned properties.
- Assist with action planning by developing SMART Plans tailored to each properties’ specific needs.
- Support continued improvement by developing new sales management techniques.
- Use evaluative techniques to continuously create, enhance and improve sales training materials, presentations and webinars.
- Assist in running reports to uncover new business opportunities and in-market demand generators.
- Assist in developing business cases for member hotels to be considered for corporate business.
- Assist with sales onboarding and training for new and transitioning member hotels.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience including hotel sales department management experience (Director of Sales, Regional Director of Sales).
- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality Management, Business, Sales, Marketing or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proven, strong experience in Microsoft Office products.
- Self-starter, motivated, organized and disciplined.
- Strong presentation, communication, and written skills.
- Receives tactical direction on duties, service standards and goals.
- Exerts a positive impact on revenue generation.
- May provide mentoring for less experienced staff.
- Uses indirect influence to promote compliance with programs, standards and policies.
- Conveys sense of purpose and motivates others to accomplish goals.
- Strong competition and industry knowledge.
- Well rounded professional know-how to meet technical standards.
- Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably.
- Convinces others to accept new concepts and approaches.
- May negotiate contracts with external vendors.
- Resolves defined problems and probes known sources for answers.
- Assignments include new and transitioning clients with more limited corporate support.
- Makes sound and productive decisions based on analysis, experience and judgment.
- 50% travel required.
Best Western Hotels & resorts offers a different kind of work atmosphere, a place where everybody pulls together around a common goal. In fact, helping one another is at the heart of our organization, which began as an informal referral system in 1946 among member hotels focused on the idea of "member helping member." Today, our more than 1,000 corporate employees carry on that tradition of helping members - and each other - succeed.