HR Program Manager
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
This role will be responsible for partnering with the Vice President of Human Resources ("HR") and HR team to develop and manage people-focused programs and initiatives (e.g., employer brand and employee development) which help distinguish Best Western as an employer of choice.
Areas of expertise: Employer Brand/Brand Culture/Leadership Development/Hotel Support.
- Responsible for strategically developing a unique, relevant, and compelling Employment Value Proposition ("EVP") to attract, engage, and retain the best talent.
- Grow the brand’s EVP messaging to create employment brand awareness and following with current staff and external job seekers. Leverage the stories of our brand and create authentic content to create brand champions and raving fans.
- In partnership with Marketing/Communications, create engaging social media content that enables future employees to understand our unique culture and EVP.
- Monitor employment-related content on BW Connect and share tips and advisement as appropriate.
- Leveraging our EVP, create tools and resources for the BWI corporate office Human Resources Department, and independently owned and operated hotels, to support staffing and recruiting efforts.
- Manage "Best Employer" and "Employer Brand" awards at the local and national level to include social media campaigns, and other engagement tactics aimed at increasing our EVP and hiring brand.
- In partnership with the Recruiting Team, manage and regularly refresh the Best Western careers site to ensure talent attraction for corporate and hotel jobs.
- Develop and grow diversity and inclusion initiatives, as well as community partnerships, in alignment with the Company’s employment brand vision and strategy.
- Manage the Company’s scholarship program and develop school relationships that support our EVP.
- Manage, grow, and evolve the Company’s leadership development programs in support of our EVP:
- Future Leaders Group.
- BWI Leadership Development Program.
- Serve as the key point-of-contact for supporting people operations programs for Best Western hotels (e.g., recruiting, retention). Create related tools and resources for hotels, to include hosting periodic webinars on how to attract and retain workers.
- All other duties as required.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in employment brand, staffing, human resources, learning and development, and communications functional areas.
- BA in Human Resources, Communications, or related profession preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the changing social media landscape, and how to proficiently utilize and leverage it for EVP success.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong project and program management skills.
- Intermediate level skills in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize requests.
- Excellent customer service skills and professionalism in partnering with others.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.