Interior Design Project Manager - Remote US
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
Start your day with the philosophy and confidence that you can make a difference! Work with Best Western Hotels & Resorts Members who are business owners and key associates at hotels across the US and Canada to guide and support them throughout their design property improvement plans. Through a holistic understanding of their hotel, its locale, guest demographics and market sector, you will promote and implement creative solutions where everyone wins while applying your design sensibilities and knowledge of the hospitality design industry. As part of the Best Western Hotels & Resorts Supply & Design team, you will work with highly qualified, knowledgeable colleagues and management where support, collaboration and the spirit of teamwork abound. Best Western Hotels & Resorts sincerely believes, encourages and nurtures for the success of its Members and employees which makes it easy to start your day with optimism and a smile to be your very best throughout the day!
Successful candidates will have professional knowledge of Design and/or Architectural needs and timelines for projects, as well as an understanding of pricing and lead times. You must be able to effectively relate new concepts and approaches, and you will interact with Members to tactfully and efficiently resolve member concerns.
Essential Job Results
- As part of the Brand Management Member Services department, the role of Project Manager, Design is integral (or instrumental) for the success of the Design Excellence process.
- Create, manage, and maintain property improvement plan reports by applying design sensibility, company and industry standards, and technical expertise to guide and support our Members to success throughout their design projects.
- Effectively manage relationships and engage in collaborative problem-solving to support Members as they navigate the design process through successful completion of their property improvement plan projects. Communicate and track key information regarding projects progress and milestones.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal teams and departments to identify appropriate, compliant solutions that achieve desired outcomes.
- Serve as a key organizational resource by maintaining an up-to-date knowledge base with design standards and construction documents.
- Accountable, results-driven team player that enjoys creative problem-solving through a positive, win-win mindset that focuses on solutions and outcomes that benefit all.
- Proactively and effectively set and meet goals and objectives that align and support organization objectives.
- Exemplify the spirit of caring by having Member-focused pride and a passion for service.
- Build rapport with Members while empowering and encouraging desired outcomes.
- Minimum 5 years related, professional level experience managing projects in Design, Architecture or Project Management with experience in the hospitality industry strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or Architecture, or Hospitality Management with experience with Design and Architectural related projects, or an equivalent combination of Education and Experience.
- NCIDQ/AIA certification a plus.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic proficiency in Salesforce and Smartsheet preferred.
- Seasoned analytical, time management and written/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and think independently using proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused with good presentation skills.
- Ability to diplomatically communicate deficiencies and required changes.
The starting salary for this role is estimated to be between $72,200 and $80,000. Base pay, however, will be determined based on several factors, which include but are not limited to, applicable skills, work experience, education, business needs and market demands.
- Resolves defined problems and identifies hidden problems.
- Uses a wide degree of creativity and latitude to analyze and resolve problems.
- May travel up to 25% of work time
- Work from home option within the U.S.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race (including hair textures and hair styles associated with race), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws. Best Western’s equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment with Best Western, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, transfer, benefits, discipline and termination.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3877