Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
- Partners with key management and act as a strategic business advisor for international operations. Maintains a thorough understanding of operations, including contracts, billing structures, etc.
- Acts as an agent of change to drive improvements and cost avoidance/savings in the organization.
- Tracks and reports business performance and metrics to drive results.
- Supports international operations through financial modeling and analysis.
- Participates in special projects and Ad Hoc analysis as requested.
- Financial Accounting, Reporting, Planning and Analysis
- Develops and leads an international accounting team and oversees external accounting and payroll firms.
- Manages and/or prepares timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual close and reporting processes, including financial analysis and commentary.
- Manages and/or prepares quarterly forecasts and annual budget, including financial analysis and commentary. Identifies and interprets trends by analyzing data and bringing issues and resolutions to management’s attention.
- Performs management review and/or preparation of accounting records as necessary.
- Oversees international audits and ensures that financial reporting meets US GAAP, IFRS and/or SEC reporting requirements.
- Oversees filings and compliance with statutory reporting in collaboration with accounting firms.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Collaborates with company and/or external subject matter experts to ensure proper and efficient management of treasury, cash management, insurance, transfer pricing agreements, and taxes.
- Accounting, Financial and Business Integrations
- Manages finalizing the opening balance sheet and related goodwill and intangible assets calculations and manages annual goodwill and intangible assets impairment testing using a third-party valuation firm.
- Oversees, participates in and/or completes integration steps for new international operations to include financial, payroll and human resources platforms (e.g., reporting, billing, payables, payroll, cash management, etc.).
- Proven leadership and people management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive and self-driven.
- Intermediate-advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and financial modeling.
- Advanced domestic and international business, accounting and financial acumen.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
Education, Experience, Licenses and/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of accounting and finance experience, including management level responsibilities. International experience is preferred.
- Experience in a public reporting company with SEC and SOX is preferred.
- Top tier public accounting firm experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- Master of Business Administration and/or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.