IT Engineer - QA Automation Tester
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
The Software Quality Assurance Automation Tester position will align with the Hotel Services Support team, to assess software quality through automated testing and some limited manual testing. This position must have a keen eye for detail and excellent organizational and communication skills. Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities are a must, as well as a skilled execution of test cases and a high passion for quality.
In this position, you will:
* Create use cases, develop and maintain test cases, automated test scripts and test data on highly complex and/or multiple projects.
* Incorporate component, functional, negative, integration, performance, security, regression, and end-to-end testing, for both functional, non-functional and web services requirements.
* Troubleshoot test issues, record test results, track and prioritize defects, participate in product readiness and release decisions.
* Establish fact-based measures of test efficiency, effectiveness, and product readiness.
* Consistently execute test cases (manual and/or automated) and analyze results in a timely manner.
* Assist with troubleshooting issues and analyze defects in order to improve products.
* Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
* Work with application team in achieving automated deployments using CI/CD.
* 3 years of hands-on experience with creating robust automated test scripts and test suites.
* Hands on experience with Selenium, Rest Assured, Saucelab, TestNG, SoapUI.
* Experience with test methodologies and practices.
* Experience in feasibility analysis and debugging.
* Knowledge of SOA.
* Experience with SQL-based database technologies.
* Well aware of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies.
* Strong Analysis, Troubleshooting, and Problem-Solving Skills.
* Experience in performance testing using Jmeter.
* Well versed with Java programming and have working knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS.
* Preferred experience with Devops tool chains - Jenkins, Bit Bucket SCM, Sonarqube and Maven.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.