JAVA IT Engineer
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
As a member of a product team, participate in the design, development and delivery of quality software solutions to our business partners. Our team of highly skilled and motivated IT professionals takes pride in working on diverse projects while learning new technologies and continuing their professional development.
In this position you will:
Work with our team members and business partners to help understand and capture their requirements for enhancements and changes to existing products and services.
Analyze, design, code, test and document enhancements and changes.
Monitor system performance, recommend performance improvements
Create change requests to move development code through the deployment process.
Support development of DevOps initiatives for new and existing applications
Investigate and resolve trouble tickets
- In-depth experience with J2EE, JAX-WS, JAX-RS webservices
- Experience with AWS environments such as ec2, server-less, Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway, Cloud Front, etc. a plus
- Strong Java programming skills. Python a plus
- Strong skills in JPA, Hibernate
- Networking (Sockets, TCP/IP)
- Experience in multi-threaded programming environments
- Oracle and PostgreSQL database experience
- Experience with Eclipse, JUnit, Maven, GIT, and Jenkins
- JBoss and Payara
- RedHat Linux
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience in objected oriented analysis and design and UML
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.