Leave and Accommodation Manager, Human Resources
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Accomplishes departmental objectives by managing, developing, implementing and coordinating complex policies and programs covering one or more functional areas of human resources. Serves as subject matter expert and provides guidance to management and employees, as required. Specific areas of focus: leave of absence programs, medical accommodations, and employee relations. Responsible for tracking, communication, and compliance for associated programs, and managing third party leave of absence vendor.
Achieves departmental objectives by managing, developing, implementing and coordinating complex policies and programs covering one or more functional areas of human resources:.
Primary responsibilities and area of expertise will be:
- Manages the leave of absence and medical accommodation functions, including FMLA, ADA, and personal leaves including communication, compliance, and tracking.
- Manages and partners with absence management and disability vendor to process FMLA, short-term disability and long-term disability claims.
- Partners with the HR team to provide sound guidance and support on leaves and accommodation matters.
- Educates and assists employees and supervisors with leave and accommodation requests.
- Partner with in-house counsel as needed to review medical accommodation requests.
- Reviews policies against state and federal regulations to make recommendation as needed.
- Identifies and proposes solutions to improve leave and accommodation processes.
- Provides back-up support to direct manager on employee relations matters as needed. resolution.
- Minimum 5 years leave administration and related human resource experience.
- Experience with federal and state laws and regulations relating to leave of absence, medical accommodations, and disability. (eg: FMLA, ADA)
- Multi-state and multi-site experience preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Workday preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey complex information to employees in an easy-to-understand manner, way
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and trust.
- Ability to effectively communicate and demonstrate empathy towards various situations, treating others with dignity and respect
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.