Manager, Design Brand Development, Boutique and Upscale Brands (AZ office and hybrid remote location)
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
Essential Job Results
- Ensures that design and brand requirements are met by collaborating with internal stakeholders as well as the property owners to ensure that properties transitioning into one of our brands meets the brand and consumer expectations.
- Collaborates and supports our development team in assessing sites for new construction prospects and existing properties for conversion prospects, including visiting the site when possible.
- Meets departmental objectives by managing property teams, architects, senior management, and the Board of Directors for boutique and upscale branded hotels and properties in the pipeline.
- Coordinates preparation of design reviews.
- Builds and maintains the boutique brand requirements by collaborating with internal stakeholders and owners.
- Maintains and modifies brand prototype drawings for brands with prototypical designs.
- Ensures accuracy and adequacy of design evaluation reports. Reviews and evaluates submitted reports and ensures that current brand standards and design guidelines are reflected.
- Meets financial objectives by submitting accurate expense reports, budget forecasts and reconciliations.
- Minimum 8 years progressive experience specializing in hospitality interior design and/or architecture, including 5 years in management. Background in hospitality design strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of CAD preferred
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated fiscal responsibility and budgetary skills including the ability to understand business impact of design and construction projects.
- Demonstrated business acumen and successful management of multiple, diverse projects.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Membership with interior design professional group such as ASID preferred. NCIDQ qualified preferred, or alternatively with NCARB for architects.
- Provides operational guidance on duties, service standards and goals.
- Receives tactical direction on new products, processes or plans.
- Conveys sense of purpose and motivates others to accomplish goals.
- Clearly communicates plans, expectations and outcomes.
- Basic competition and industry knowledge.
- Professional know-how to meet technical standards.
- Convinces others, normally within the organization including Board of Directors, upper management, and Best Western Members, to accept new concepts and approaches.
- Manages multiple projects or processes.
- Resolves defined problems and probes known sources for answers.
- May travel up to 40% of work time.
- Location is typically remote 2 days per week and onsite at Headquarters (HQ) 3 days per week. HQ address is 6201 N 24th Parkway in Phoenix, AZ)
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race (including hair textures and hair styles associated with race), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws. Best Western’s equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment with Best Western, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, transfer, benefits, discipline and termination.