Managing Director, Global Communications - AZ Based
We are in need of an experienced and dynamic Managing Director of Global Communications to lead our company's overall communications function. The Managing Director of Global Communications will play a pivotal role in shaping our organization's brand, reputation and communication strategies, working closely with the executive team to ensure that communication efforts align with the company's objectives. This role will oversee a talented team spanning internal and external communications, and partner with regional teams to execute the global communications strategy.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Strategic Expertise: Develop overarching global communications strategy to support the company's objectives and values, crafting a consistent, relevant brand voice and brand recognition across all regions through external and internal communications.
- Team & Agency Management: Lead a talented team of communications professionals, providing mentorship and guidance to cultivate a high-trust, high performance team of direct reports and cross-functional teams. In conjunction with Director of PR, oversee relationship and performance of a world-class communications agency.
- Executive & Industry Communications: Collaborate with the executive team and Board of Directors to craft compelling speeches, presentations and messages that reflect the organization's purpose. Attend industry trade shows with executives as needed. Oversee award submissions on behalf of the brand and the executive team.
- Media Relations: Oversee team that manages media relations, including creation of high-quality press releases, articles and other PR materials, such as messaging documents, FAQs and press kits. Ensure they are distributed effectively to the media and online platforms. Lead executive interview opportunities with key media targets, including information gathering, preparation, editing and proofing.
- Integrated Communications Planning: Develop a robust, thoughtful global PR plan that includes new hotel launches, brand events and special initiatives (along with driving increased, targeted awareness of the brand in existing markets). Collaborate with Marketing, regional PR teams, and other departments to develop fully integrated global go-to-market strategies and oversee team that executes corresponding communications plans.
- Crisis Management: Act as a crisis communication leader, developing proactive crisis management plans and strategies to mitigate potential reputation risks.
- Measurement & Impact: Monitor, measure and report on the impact of PR campaigns on the company's brand reputation and take actions to protect and enhance it. Evaluate functional effectiveness tracking performance to Key Performance Indicators and business metrics.
- Budget Management: Manage the PR budget effectively, ensuring a strong return on investment for PR activities.
- Innovative Initiatives: Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging communication channels. Recommend and implement innovative PR initiatives.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with internal and external stakeholders to foster positive relationships and cooperation.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 12 years Communications/PR experience, with proven track record of leading high-performance teams. Hospitality industry experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, ability to capture the uniqueness of BWH Hotels.
- Experience responding to emergencies such as crises or other challenges with an eye on consistency across releases.
- Management experience leading and cultivating high-trust, high performance teams.
- Strategic mindset: ability to translate brand strategy and business goals to clear, actionable comms / PR plan and approach.
- Global mindset, with experience in or with international markets.
- Motivated self-starter, with the ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively as a team-player.
- Proven track record of leadership, with ability to work effectively across functions and regions.
- Ability to manage a team of various levels and invest in team members’ development, nurturing a strong team culture.
- Highly organized, agile and able to manage multiple complex projects in fast-paced environment.
- Leadership: Establishes and shares strategic vision, leading cross-functional teams with commitment to results, standards of excellence and a positive, inclusive culture.
- Knowledge: Strong functional and industry knowledge. Professional know-how to meet technical standards.
- Relationship Management: Collaborates with others to achieve shared goals and encourage buy-in to key concepts and methods.
- Problem Solving: Resolves generally defined problems using complex concepts. Keen ability to achieve results based on input from varied information sources. Identifies critical needs and directs effort and resources accordingly.
- May travel up to 25% of work time.
- This job is AZ based, hybrid work schedule at our HQ location - 6201 North 24th Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85016.
- No relocation assistance available.
This position is based at our Corporate Headquarters in Phoenix, AZ.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
BWH Hotels maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race (including hair textures and hair styles associated with race), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, caste, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, height, or weight, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws. BWH Hotels equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment with BWH Hotels, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, transfer, benefits, discipline, and termination.