Marketing Manager - Co-branded credit card (AZ - based, Hybrid in-office/Home Office
This Marketing Manager - Co-Branded Credit Card position joins our loyalty marketing team in managing and growing our loyalty program, Best Western Rewards (BWR), and its co-brand credit card program. Responsible for managing the relationship with the card issuing bank and network provider, the manger will execute marketing strategies, track performance and administer the program to maximize growth, retention and profitability. Also responsible for projects and marketing tactics to help meet goals and objectives for the co-brand credit card program.
This position will manage all marketing functions and reporting to support the BWR co-brand credit card program and work as primary liaison with the card issuing bank and network. Responsible for executing strategic marketing plans to increase cardholder acquisition and retention, cardholder spending and engagement and supplemental revenue from the program. The role will integrate the co-brand card marketing messaging with other BWR loyalty and brand communications and take full advantage of all opportunities to promote and market the various card products offered. The position also coordinates reporting and monitoring of the co-brand credit card program performance. These responsibilities support the marketing strategy to increase loyalty program membership and engagement and maximize revenue through increased stays and portfolio growth.
Essential Job results
- Primary liaison with co-brand credit card issuer and network to facilitate discussions, joint marketing meetings, project list and manage day-to-day program operations including customer service escalations.
- Manage tactical marketing strategy to support the development, testing and execution of acquisition campaigns for the BWR co-brand credit card program. This includes coordinating direct mail and e-mail campaign lists for the card issuer, BWH digital channel messaging, event marketing/sponsorships, and hotel signage and collateral.
- Coordinate BWH marketing channel access and messaging (digital and print) with internal teams and external vendors to promote card benefits for new account acquisition. Manage content on BW.com web site and support issuer needs for utilization of BWH communication channels. Ensure adherence to BWH brand guidelines. Maintain co-brand card marketing calendar.
- Seek appropriate and timely BWH and card issuer review and approval of copy and design of all program marketing and communications materials.
- Provide reports and analyze statistics related to portfolio growth (acquisition and retention), purchase volume, BWR point distribution, marketing campaign results, and monthly reconciliation of card issuer reported results.
- Coordinate utilization of network benefits and funding for qualifying incentives and marketing support. Monitor and submit applicable forms for payment of network benefits.
- Ensure corporate employees and hotel owners and their staffs are familiar with the BWR co-brand card and its value to BWH and provide training to help them answer guest inquiries and promote the program. Explore employee incentive programs for account acquisition.
- Monitor other hotel co-brand card programs to ensure the BWR program remains competitive and identify potential new value proposition opportunities.
- Participate in meetings and contribute to various BWH teams to support sales and marketing initiatives and projects as needed.
Essential experience and skills
- Minimum 5 years related professional level experience in marketing, subscription or credit card programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong relationship management skills and business acumen
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) with marketing copy review and editing skills preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/360 Suite and video conferencing tools
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, manage marketing communications projects and consistently meet deadlines.
- Experience with digital marketing (web site, email, social media) communications preferred.
- Exceptional spreadsheet and reporting skills preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and staff, in person and remotely.
- Arizona based in office/home office schedule.
- Location is typically remote 2 days per week and onsite at Headquarters (HQ) 3 days per week. HQ address is 6201 N 24th Parkway in Phoenix, AZ.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
BWH Hotels maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race (including hair textures and hair styles associated with race), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, caste, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, height, or weight, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws. BWH Hotels equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment with BWH Hotels, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, transfer, benefits, discipline, and termination.