Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Job Purpose: Produces successful and cost-effective meetings, conferences and events by planning, developing and executing program content, logistical arrangements and supporting activities. Maintains primary responsibility for planning local events.
Essential Job Results: Plans successful events by developing themes and goals for events and conferences. Designs program content by focusing on and expanding client theme and meeting client objectives.
Makes facility arrangements by researching potential sites and venues and performing site evaluations. Determines feasibility of specific venues to effectively host meetings, conferences, and special events.
Promotes conferences and events by working in conjunction with clients to identify and attract potential attendees. Creates and distributes invitations and promotional materials.
Provides effective on-site management for various conferences and events by preparing meeting space, coordinating guests, speakers and entertainers and responding to client and guest needs.
Effectively supports financial objectives by assisting with budgets and contract negotiations for products and services. Manages costs within budget constraints.
Ensures accurate member record keeping by managing the registration process from the planning process through the conclusion of the event. Designs, develops, and manages registration databases for all events.
Prepares for future meetings and events by developing an on-going, accurate, database with useful information regarding suppliers and local and national venues. Leads the creation, maintenance, and publication of calendar reflecting conferences, events, and activities on employee and member websites.
- Minimum 3 years meeting planning and special event experience. 1 year experience in developing and using online registration systems preferred. Experience with custom registration applications preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite. May require advanced proficiency in a specific application. Demonstrated experience utilizing various ASP Registration software applications.
- Sound negotiation, problem solving, communication and decision making skills.
- Sound organizational skills demonstrating strong attention to detail.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.