QA Automation Engineer
You are an experienced QA Automation Engineer looking for a company the truly values your critical contributions to their software development. You have a strong foundation in building automation frameworks for the testing SOAP and RESTful API s, and seek to apply those skills to a company willing to invest in your technical training and skills development. At Best Western, in Phoenix, we seek to empower a QA Automation professional to grow with our talented technical team. As a QA Automation Engineer, you will participate in the development of business solutions by analyzing requirements, creating test plans, test cases, automated test cases, and testing all aspects of the completed solution. This will initially be focused around SOAP and RESTful API’s but will likely grow and develop into other areas. You will create and communicate testing results to assist with the assessment of production readiness. This role will involve heavy collaboration with developers and product owners to ensure quality is being built in as early as possible. You will be offered training opportunities to continue to develop your skillset, ensuring that our technical teams stay on the cutting edge of technical innovation. Apply today!
In this job you will:
- Review requirements and designs for testability and work with other teams until quality resolutions are met.
- Create and document test cases including functional, load, and regression tests via automated methods.
- Execute test activities utilizing automated and manual test scripts.
- Document and communicate test results for system owners and project teams.
- Perform all test planning to achieve the required coverage in an efficient manner.
- Create automated test scripts for Web applications, services, and mobile devices.
- Set up Jenkins jobs and maintains the sauce lab cloud environment.
- Contribute to automated testing standards creation and enforcement, and contributes code to shared libraries
You bring to the table:
- 3+ years of Automated Testing or Java development experience required.
- Expert knowledge of testing and automation tools required.
- Expert knowledge in testing SOAP and RESTful APIs
- Expert at core Java is ideal
- Intermediate knowledge SQL Queries
- Intermediate Knowledge of UNIX Commands is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Selenium Web Driver
- Basic understanding of networks and firewalls
- Basic understanding of cloud computing and environments
- Basic Jenkins knowledge
- Prior experience working with Rally tool preferred.
Best Western Hotels and Resorts headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, is a privately held hotel brand with a global network of 4,100† hotels in more than 100† countries and territories worldwide. Best Western offers 10 hotel brands to suit the needs of developers and guests in every market: Best Western®, Best Western Plus®, Best Western Premier®, Vib®, GLo®, Executive Residency by Best Western®, and BW Premier Collection®; as well as its recently launched franchise offerings: SureStay®, SureStay Plus® and SureStay Collection®. Now celebrating more than 70 years of hospitality, Best Western provides its hoteliers with global operational, sales and marketing support, and award-winning online and mobile booking capabilities. Best Western continues to set industry records regarding awards and accolades, including 64 percent of the brand’s North American hotels earning a TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence award in 2017, Business Travel News® ranking Best Western Plus and Best Western in the top three upper-mid-price and mid-priced hotel brands for three years in a row, and Best Western receiving seven consecutive Dynatrace® Best of the Web awards for its leading hotel website. Best Western has also won eight consecutive AAA®/CAA® Lodging Partner of the Year awards, recognizing the brand’s commitment to providing exceptional service and great value to AAA’s 56 million members in the U.S. and Canada. Over 30 million travelers are members of the brand’s award-winning loyalty program Best Western Rewards®, one of the few programs in which members earn points that never expire and can be redeemed at any Best Western hotel worldwide. Best Western’s partnerships with AAA/CAA and Harley-Davidson® provide travelers with exciting ways to interact with the brand. Through its partnership with Google® Street View, Best Western is the first major company of its size and scale to launch a virtual reality experience for customers, setting a new industry standard and reinventing how guests view hotels.