Senior Field Designer, Onboarding (Remote CO, KS, FL)
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
Essential Job Results
- Promotes compliance with Company and professional design standards by providing members, and conditional applicants, with project design services.
- Develops and prepares presentation drawings and specifications using design principles.
- Provides design consulting services by visiting property sites and/or meeting with members and conditional applicants.
- Develops design criteria and identifies requirements.
- Applies functional analysis and space planning principles and makes presentations to clients.
- Meets Company and professional design requirements by reviewing member, and conditional applicant, submittals and plans for new construction or refurbishments.
- May visit properties, communicate required upgrades and write reports.
- Reviews reports, photos and plans to assess properties and correct design deficiencies in compliance with design guidelines.
- Contributes to team effort by providing advice and technical direction to less experienced designers.
- Leads and monitors projects to ensure design objectives are met.
- Leads design initiatives to recommend and implement new systems, processes or procedures.
- Supports design programs by preparing preliminary budgets for client review.
- May provide transition support by working with new and probational clients.
- Makes recommendations on member matters. Maintains quality service by following Company standards.
- Minimum 4 years related experience in architecture/ interior design for commercial, industrial or institutional facilities.
- Hotel industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture/Interior Design or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- May require advanced proficiency in a specific application.
- Strong sketching and drafting skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD).
- Customer focused with good presentation skills.
- Ability to diplomatically communicate deficiencies and required changes.
- NCIDQ certification preferred.
- Previous project leadership experience.
- The starting salary for this role is estimated to be between $60,200 and $80,000. Base pay, however, will be determined based on several factors, which include but are not limited to, applicable skills, work experience, education, business needs and market demands.
- May travel up to 75% of work time
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race (including hair textures and hair styles associated with race), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws. Best Western’s equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment with Best Western, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, transfer, benefits, discipline and termination.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3937