Senior IT Engineer
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Develops cost effective information technology solutions in support of Company’s Finance and Accounting departments, by:
- Analyzing, designing, developing business solutions, developing and maintaining reporting, and/or installing systems, software solutions.
- Increases system efficiency and reliability by handling more complex tasks and/or activities.
- Delivers reliable high performance applications and technical services, complex problem-solving expertise for user interface issues and training.
Essential Job Results:
- Creates, enhances, evaluates and maintains systems or software applications by performing the full range of more complex development and support duties.
- Designs, codes, debugs, tests, documents and implements programs using agile principles and processes.
- Develops own methods when creating, modifying and repairing more complex program changes.
- Develops and implements proactive monitoring of critical business services to ensure availability.
- Delivers system enhancements by planning and recommending innovative technologies.
- Develops and implements cost effective approaches and/or automation solutions that lower operating costs and support IT strategy.
- Meets business needs by translating user requirements into solutions and by monitoring industry trends.
- Researches, produces and implements standards documents. Outlines and implements all system configuration, tuning and upgrades.
- Contributes to team effort by participating in IT projects and coordinating with other IT teams.
- Develops, maintains and communicates troubleshooting and recovery procedures and provides support as needed.
- May coordinate project team activities and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs.
- May provide work direction to or mentor less experienced team members. Interfaces with vendors to resolve issues.
- Maintains technical currency by reviewing trade publications, researching technical documentation and pursuing training relevant to Company operating environments.
- Maintains working understanding of client business functions.
- Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality.
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) for Workday (WD) financials.
- Supports SMEs in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining the Company’s WD system and other key systems, as appropriate. Conducts reviews of business units’ organizational structure, workflow designs, processes, and systems and making recommendations as to how to improve efficiencies and effectiveness, as well as, expand functionality and usage of WD.
- Provides technical trouble-shooting and problem-solving expertise and solutions for WD. Replicates issues, submits cases to WD support, and follow-up resolution.
- Responsible for implementing WD upgrades (e.g., twice per year) and enhancements. Develops user acceptance criteria and test plans for upgrades. Performs and oversees user acceptance testing. Assures that the SMEs are sufficiently trained on enhancements.
- Responsible for maintaining (or creating) current documentation of the WD system, design, processes, and policies. Maintains integration related requirements and technical documentation.
- Drives the execution of WD configurations, delegations, and on-going maintenance of setups values across all modules in WD (e.g., Orgs, Hierarchies, Worktags, Revenue/Spend Categories, Sales Items, Account Posting Rules, etc.).
- Enhances WD business processes (e.g. modify custom validations, condition rules, approvals, etc.), to support ongoing business process changes.
- Ensures data integrity and creates and manages reports, scheduled and ad hoc; simple, advanced and composite/matrix reports; and BIRTs.
- Monitors and triage integrations (Core Connectors, Enterprise Interface Builder (EIBs), Workday Studio, etc.) with up/down stream systems.
- Provides routine security administration, troubleshoots security related issues and manage user/role based security groups, domain and business process security policies. Assures all security roles are set-up in compliance with SOX requirements.
- Minimum seven (7) years progressively-responsible experience, including: financial systems implementation and maintenance experience and knowledge of accounting and finance department functions (e.g. AP, AR, budgeting, forecasting and GL).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, accounting and finance, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years WD experience (i.e., WD Integrations Certified, WD Security Administration, WD Studio).
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting principles, including design and operation of internal controls.
- Experience with Advanced Reports (Matrix, Composite, etc.) and Integrations Systems.
- Proficiency with EIBs and Mass Data loads.
- Working knowledge of XSLT required.
- Experience with iterative or agile software development methodologies.
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation of processes and changes.
- Ability to prioritize and manage changing priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; advanced expert Excel skills.
- Excellent training and communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.