Senior Project Manager Telecommunications/Windows
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Ensures successful delivery of business solutions that meet user acceptance criteria and departmental standards by managing information systems projects from beginning to end. Oversees ongoing development, implementation and support of all phases of the information systems project life cycle. Ensures successful execution of IT process standards for Change Management across the Information System organization.
Essential Job Results
Ensures successful delivery of reliable high performance business solutions and technical services that meet user acceptance criteria and departmental standards by managing information systems projects from beginning to end. Drives continuous improvement within Information Technology by developing and implementing strategic plans to meet technology and business objectives. Participates in the yearly planning process. Provides and follows consistent criteria and practices for Information Technology projects by developing, implementing and monitoring policies, procedures and processes for all phases of the project life cycle. Forms and manages project teams to develop technical specifications and monitor project results. Coordinates development of project scope, milestones, phases and resource requirements. Provides assistance when needed in the analysis of complex system and business processes and recommends innovative solutions. Responsible for Company-wide, longer-term and or strategic projects. May manage Information Technology programs. Ensures consistent application of project management processes and practices by training less experienced project management staff. Collaborates with other Information Technology groups and develops and maintains an effective working relationship with Information Technology management, international affiliates, members, peers and clients. Provides information tracking and controls by managing project management information systems to include project database, reporting, time tracking, outage coordination, and other functionality as required. Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality. Leads the development, coordination, communication, training, consistent use, measurement/reporting, and policy enforcement of Change Management. Lead and coordinate Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings and activities Ensures change management practices and process are in place to guarantee risk mitigation and minimize the impact of change related events.
- Minimum 6 to 8 years information systems project management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Information Systems or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly preferred.
- Current ITIL certification strongly preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Project Server.
- Financial / budgeting acumen.
- Advanced project management skills including the successful demonstration of leadership skills to direct, control and manage multiple, complex projects through completion.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to resolve divergent interests and make quick, effective decisions.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels.
- Works effectively with departments directly impacted by the project.
- Understands and plans for the needs of all business units.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.