Sr Designer, Architectural Hotel Design Conversion Specialist (Location AZ-hybrid office and remote)
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
In-house Architect (Architectural Designer)to provide support to the design department, our members, conditional and conversion properties by promoting Promotes compliance with Company and professional design standards. Makes member development recommendations, develops design criteria and/or leads design initiatives.
Essential Job Results
This unique role enables you to be client-focused while utilizing your professional design experience to create practical and relevant property improvement plans. Provides design consulting services by visiting property sites and/or meeting with members and conditional applicants. Develops design criteria and identifies requirements. Meets Company and professional design requirements by reviewing member, and conditional applicant, submittals and plans for new construction or refurbishments. Will visit properties, communicate requirements and write plan improvement reports. Reviews reports, photos and plans to assess properties and correct design deficiencies in compliance with design guidelines. Contributes to team effort by providing advice and technical direction to less experienced designers. Leads and monitors projects to ensure design objectives are met. Lead design initiatives to recommend and implement new systems, processes or procedures. May provide transition support by working with new and probational clients. Makes recommendations on member matters. Maintains quality service by following Company standards.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in architecture for commercial, industrial or institutional facilities.
- Hotel Hospitality/resort design industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong sketching and drafting skills. Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD: proficiency in Google SketchUp; Photoshop, InDesign preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Customer focused with good presentation skills.
- Ability to diplomatically communicate deficiencies and required changes.
- NCIDQ or AIA certification preferred.
- Previous project leadership experience.
- May travel up to 20% of work time
- Monday through Friday (daytime schedule)
- Location is typically remote 2 days per week and onsite at Headquarters (HQ) 3 days per week. HQ address is 6201 N 24th Parkway in Phoenix, AZ)
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race (including hair textures and hair styles associated with race), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws. Best Western’s equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment with Best Western, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, transfer, benefits, discipline and termination.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R4023