Sr. Manager, Technology Management (Remote)
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
Promotes a high performing business environment by managing applications development or systems architecture functions. Solves business problems and directs teams in design, development and implementation of large scale IT projects
Essential Job Results
Promotes a high performing business environment by managing information technology solutions in one or more of the following areas: applications systems analysis and programming, server functions, network communication systems, voice systems, computer operations, security.
Motivates and develops staff by assessing strengths and weaknesses and providing appropriate developmental and training opportunities. Implements successful hiring and retention practices. Ensures projects are aligned with department standards by reviewing functional plans based on acceptance criteria and cost justification. Approves proposed project plans and designs. Recommends course corrections to meet changing requirements. Ensures projects are completed according to defined success criteria by directing and overseeing teams in the design, development and implementation of large-scale IT projects. Reviews project plans for alignment with departmental standards, feasibility and integration with other projects. Ensures delivery of reliable high performance applications and technical services. Creates functional policies, standards and procedures. Confers with and advises functional team on technical problems, priorities and methods. Manages technology by developing departmental technology plan. Proposes, and negotiates technology solutions in accordance with Company goals and functional guidelines.
Customizes and implements industry-standard best practices and develops Company best practices. Manages vendor relationships by reviewing progress and evaluating and measuring performance. Meets financial objectives by overseeing and managing annual budget. Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality
- This is remote position, within the U.S.
- The starting salary for this role is estimated to be between $118,700 and $150,000. Base pay, however, will be determined based on several factors, which include but are not limited to, applicable skills, work experience, education, business needs and market demands.
- Minimum 8 years related programming/systems analysis or system architecture experience, including management level assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant experience with full system development life cycle methods for generating business software solutions.
- Restful Web Services
- Java Persistence APA (JPA)
- Concurrent programming
- Angular 8
- Amazon Web Services Certifications
- HTML 5
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and utilize design patterns
- Strong development and project management experience using Scrum
- Strong experience with Microservices
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to manage software development projects through completion.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with end users.
- Advanced technical mastery in area of specialty or broad multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Financial / budgeting acumen.
- Ability to resolve divergent interests and make quick, effective decisions.
- Ability to develop in-depth understanding of assigned departments’ operations, contracts and accounting.
Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees (work 30 + hours per week)
Available Day One:
* Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays - accruals start
* 401K - company match and direct contribution
* Employee discounts/Hotel discounts
* Financial and health wellness programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Best Western maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race (including hair textures and hair styles associated with race), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws. Best Western’s equal employment opportunity policy applies to all aspects of employment with Best Western, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, transfer, benefits, discipline and termination.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3960