Travel Card Program Manager
Best Western Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global hospitality network comprised of three hotel companies, including WorldHotels® Collection, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts and SureStay Hotel Group®.
Supports marketing and sales team by generating marketing plans, proposals, presentations and/or promotional materials. Manages projects or programs to help meet marketing goals for assigned products, services or market segments.
Essential Job Results
- Manages BW’s Travel Card program by overseeing third party vendor(s).
- Supports Travel Card program with: advertising, direct marketing, events planning, market research, vendor management, development and design of marketing literature, marketing database systems, intranet, and external websites.
- Meets Travel Card program project requirements generating plans, proposals and promotions. Identifies, develops and implements recommendations and creative strategies to achieve program goals in assigned products, services and market segments.
- Prepares reports by compiling data, tracking and analyzing business plans and metrics. Analyzes data to assess variances, marketing initiative and promotional performance. Makes, presents and defends recommendations.
- Maintains quality service by following Company standards. Contributes to department’s financial compliance by developing or administering annual budgets and negotiating with outside vendors as needed.
- 2 to 5 years related experience in marketing or the hospitality industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. May require intermediate proficiency in a specific application.
- Receives operational guidance on duties, service standards and goals.
- Has professional know how to meet technical standards of assigned area and market segment as well as gain knowledge of all relevant policies, procedures and guidelines specific to job.
- Convey and obtain information both internal and external to the department.
- Gets messages across that have the desired effect.
- May negotiate contracts with external vendors.
- Oversees third party relationship with travel card vendor(s).
- Resolves defined problems and probes known sources for answers.
- Go-to owner on project, program and process
- May travel up to 10% of work time.
Best Western Hotels & resorts offers a different kind of work atmosphere, a place where everybody pulls together around a common goal. In fact, helping one another is at the heart of our organization, which began as an informal referral system in 1946 among member hotels focused on the idea of "member helping member." Today, our more than 1,000 corporate employees carry on that tradition of helping members - and each other - succeed.